Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 47:42 — 33.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | JioSaavn | Podchaser | Gaana | Podcast Index | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | Anghami | RSS | More
Sarah Bowen talks about her new book Spiritual Rebel: A positively Addictive Guide To Finding Deeper perspective & Higher Purpose
Sarah Bowen encourages people to explore their own personal spiritual style, most rooted perspectives, and life purpose.
Rather than relying on adherence to a specific belief system, Spiritual Rebel guides readers to clarify the beliefs that are personally meaningful, redefine outdated concepts, mix and match practices, experience connection, and ask curious questions.
Designed to create spiritual moments throughout the day, the practices invite healthful and heartful connections to self and others. For instance, on “Wonder-filled Wednesdays” exercises encourage readers to stop and contemplate the brilliance of life all around them. On “Seva Saturdays,” readers are given ideas for practicing selflessness. Each day readers chooses from a range of activities to try out including forest bathing, cat grazing, yawning, looking at art, or mindfully connecting with their community.
We talk about
- What a spiritual journey encompasses
- Why it is important to explore our belief periodically
- It is all about “we” not “me”
- How your spiritual connection keeps you in the flow of the Force
- How to resolve any issues with religion
- How not to be perfect and it is okay
- Kirtan Kriya – how 12 minutes a day improves cognition and eases depression ( page 101 in the book)
- The Instant Timer Meditation App
- The definition of a spiritual rebel
- How often to practice your spirituality
- What does God-optional mean?
Sarah Bowen is a multifaith spiritual educator, inspired speaker, and aspiring Jedi. A graduate of New Your City’s One Spirit Interfaith Seminary, Sarah is passionate about the study of the world’s great faith traditions as well as travel to quirky, spiritually -charged locations. Sarah seeks to help others connect with the higher power and their own understanding, in whatever way is meaningful. Especially interested in the intersection of spiritual value and animal welfare, Sarah is a fierce advocate for all creatures and currently serves as an animal chaplain.