Darren Cockburn is back sharing how being present can overcome addiction in his new book Being Present: Cultivate a Peaceful Mind through Spiritual Practice.
Being present opens the door for self-examination and healing on all levels. We focused on addictions for this interview, however, Darren shares how meditation, stillness, ego, and more affect the whole being.
Darren is passionate about helping people live in the present moment and cultivate a peaceful mind- through books, the media, and training. His acclaimed books Being Present and Living a Life of Harmony are available worldwide.
The books and teachings are based on a synthesis of Buddhist, yoga philosophy, the teachings of Eckhart Tolle and his own insights.
We talk about
- How thinking may be the biggest addiction facing the human race
- The ego is a false sense of self
- How the ego establishes addictions to escape from facing emotional pain
- How to be aware and accepting of your experience in the present time
- How addictions are unskillful compulsive thought patterns
- How addictions can only be released through being present
- The addiction cycle
- How addictions are created
- Conscious meditation vs unconscious meditation
- How to connect to your true essence
- How to release addictions
- Fear and stress can cause addiction