Acupuncturist Lorie Eve Deshar joins me to talk about her new book The Alchemy of Inner Work: A Guide for Turning Illness & Suffering into True Health & Well-Being.
Alchemy is the science of transformation – how to change one thing into something else. In The Alchemy, Inner Work, Dechar and Fox examine how illness, suffering, and disease – the “lead: of our authentic selves–and the key to good health and well-being.
Drawing on traditional Chinese, Eastern and Western alchemical traditions, Kabbalah, and Jungian psychology – plus case studies from working with patients – the authors provide hands-on insights for bringing “the soul of medicine” back into our lives.
We talk about
- The seasons of the wheel of life
- Discovering our divine purpose
- How the earth and animals require human care
- The Dark Goddess – how she can transform conditions
- What is alchemical healing
- How to turn personal lead into gold
- How to alchemically repair broken relationships
- The Pause Practice for growth
- How inner work leads to outer change
Lorie Eve Dechar holds a master’s degree in acupuncture from the Traditional Acupuncture Institute and training in Archetypal Psychology, Gestalt, and Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy. She was a member of the Tri-State College of Acupuncture faculty in New York City and leads workshops and training nationwide. With her husband and co-author Benjamin Fox, she co-founded A New Possibility, a global healing and learning community.
Benjamin Fox is a professional counseling astrologer and licensed massage therapist with 20 years of integrative bodywork and healing experience. He lives with his wife Lorie Eve Dechar, in Blue Hill Maine, and Nyack, New York