Jan Mundo author of The Headache Healer’s Handbook: A Holistic, Hands-On Somatic Self Care Program for Headache and Migraine Relief and Prevention, shares how to finally relieve headaches and migraines.
Do you or anyone that you know and love suffer from migraines or constant headaches? Share this podcast with them. The book shares step-by-step programs to eliminate headaches and migraines.
Consider these staggering statistics:
- An estimated 37 million people in the United States suffer from debilitating migraines every year, 21 miillion of them are women
- Migraine renders this population bedridden for 112 million days per year, affecting their work, family, social and school lives
- Migraine is the seventh highest cause of disability worldwide
We talk about
- What causes headaches and migraines
- The importance of eating protein in the morning
- Migraine and headache triggers
- Medication overuse – how meds could actually cause your migraine
- Natural carbs
- Never eat sweets alone
- Different types of headaches
- How belly breathing can stop a headache
The Mundo Program is a mind-body self-care program for relief and prevention of headache and migraine. It uses practical instructions and exercises to help people manage their own headaches safely and effectively. Although it is a carefully structured, comprehensive action plan, it is not one size fits all but customized to fit the individual.
Program components include:
- Experiencing the mind-body connection to headaches
- Discovering, tracking, and eliminating headache triggers
- Working with diet and headache-healthy foods
- Relieving and preventing stress and pain through meditation, breathing, posture, ergonomics, and hands-on therapies
- Developing awareness of attitudes, beliefs, behaviors, and mood, how they affect headaches, and vice versa, and how to overcome what is no longer useful
Jan Mundo’s mind-body program teaches headache and migraine sufferers how to relieve and prevent their symptoms naturally — without drugs and their side effects. Here she shares her powerful personalized, comprehensive program for the first time. In step-by-step instructions, she helps readers discover and prevent the triggers that perpetuate their headaches — and stop their pain on the spot with her unique hands-on therapy. In a caring and compassionate voice, she makes her techniques accessible to both occasional headache sufferers and those who have long felt misunderstood and misdiagnosed. Brimming with inspirational narratives, questionnaires, guidelines, tracking tools, and author-illustrated instructions, The Headache Healer’s Handbook answers the headache sufferer’s plea for help and offers hope for a headache-free future.