Joyce and Barry Vissell talk about their new release To Really Love A Man and To Really Love A Woman.
Looking for a true soul felt love?
In a relationship but wanting more from your partner?
The relationship has ended and you want to discover what went wrong?
Relationship experts the Vissell’s share in their latest books what the important ways are to love and man and woman.
We Talk about
- Compromise, Opening and Letting go
- Discover what a man really needs
- Discover what a woman really neede
- How to get past any hurts in a relationship
- How having an affair helped a relationship get stronger.
- Owning your “stuff” in your relationship
- Gay / Queer relationships
Barry and Joyce are the founders of the Shared Heart Foundation – Changing the world one heart at a time.
Upcoming Retreat: Shared Heart Summer Retreat
July 22-27 2018 – Brientenbush Hot Springs Oregon
Joyce and Barry Vissell started out in the field of medicine. Barry received his MD from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles in 1972. Joyce added her MS in child psychology from the same university to her previously earned BS and RN from Columbia University in New York City. Her main preceptor (and an influential teacher for them both) during her graduate work was Leo Buscaglia, who later became a close friend and contributor to their second book.
The couple then moved to Portland, Oregon, where Barry trained in psychiatry at the University of Oregon, and Joyce taught pediatric and psychiatric residents the subtleties of play therapy. Unsatisfied with the rigidity of traditional psychiatry, the Vissells undertook an intensive exploration of holistic and alternative disciplines, as well as a spiritual pilgrimage that led them half-way around the world and into meaningful training with teachers and leaders of the East and West.
Our purpose is education and the healing of individuals, couples, teens, and families. We take our slogan seriously: “Changing the world one heart at a time.” Each person who is helped by our counseling services, books, or workshops goes on to make a difference in many others’ lives.
1. The Shared Heart Foundation provides counseling, workshops, retreats and training programs around the world. These programs are for individuals, including men’s and women’s retreats, and couples. One summer program started in 1986, is a retreat for individuals, couples, and families, with teens and children of all ages. An inspired and experienced team of teachers work with each age group.
2. The Shared Heart Foundation provides scholarships to those who would not otherwise be able to get the help they need.
3. The Shared Heart Foundation offers a free monthly inspiring article by email. Hundreds of past articles, archived on this website, offer help with relationships and personal growth.
4. The Shared Heart Foundation provides books free of charge to prisons and other institutions.