The President of The Smart Work Company, Lisa J Marshall, shares how to be more self-aware at work and home in her new book Yin: Completing the Leadership Journey.
Yin healing is mysterious, invisible, and profound. Yin – the part of life to which we pay little attention – is the power in the leadership journey, the source of our voice, and our ability to act. Without YIN, there is no balance in the world.
Marshall shows us how to develop maturity by embodying our physical. Intellectual. Emotional and spiritual energies and illuminating by their conduct, their relationships with themselves and others, and their ability to tolerate ambiguity and complexity.
We talk about
- The definition of Yin
- Why are people afraid of Yin
- How the 2020 lockdown was the optimal time to discover one’s Yin
- The need to know your story
- How the western civilization lost respect and reverence for our elders
- Why Americans are afraid to go to sleep – is not what your doctor is telling you.
- How to go inward to find your peace
- How to be the hero of your own story
- Discover your alternative future. Not the same as alternative facts
- Time does exist
- Regardless of your childhood, you can always release it and change your story.
Lisa Marshall is a nationally recognized expert, trainer, and speaker on leadership maturity and organizational; development. She has been the president of her executive coaching firm for over twenty years. Her seminars and training have offered executives a creative way to become more self-aware and tap into their potential through the power of story. Lisa understands the power of stories and that stories live in our bodies.